Seeking a career in senior care? Passionate about making a difference? Learn more about owning your own Elder-Well Day Center!

Dec 12, 2022

APHASIA - Are you familiar with this brain disorder? The National Aphasia Association (www.aphasia.org) conducted a survey to find out what people knew about aphasia. Only 8.8% of respondents correctly identified aphasia as a language disorder. The other 91.2% had no clue. It was the recent annou...

Dec 07, 2022

UPDATE: This event has been canceled. Stay tuned for our next Better Together Memory Cafe event in 2023! Join us at Elder-Well® Adult Day in Natick for our holiday Memory Café event, featuring Christmas caroling with Judy Maggs, crafts, cookies, and cocoa! Afterward, head just around the corner...

Nov 28, 2022

According to the Alzheimer's Association, Dementia is caused by damage to brain cells. This damage interferes with the ability of brain cells to communicate with each other. When brain cells cannot communicate normally, thinking, behavior, and feelings can be affected. While most changes in the b...

May 02, 2022

Elder-Well® Adult Day will be hosting a memory café event at our Natick center one Saturday per month, starting on Saturday, May 21st. Join us each month and enjoy our interactive social time, stimulating activities, and learn about resources available in our community. What is a Memory Café? ...

Apr 08, 2022

Dementia Friends is the biggest ever initiative to change people’s perceptions of dementia. It aims to transform the way we think, talk and act about the disease. Learn more about the greater Dementia Friends Massachusetts movement. As a Dementia Friends Champion, Elder-Well® co-founder Ka...

Jan 14, 2022

The ability to create, express, and focus on our thoughts brings us a sense of inner peace.  For those living with a Dementia diagnosis, there are far more life stressors than calming moments in their day, so providing creative avenues of expression should be part of their daily care plan. Creat...

Dec 15, 2021

Supporting the “rhythm of life” for those living with a memory impairment should be considered a vital part of their care plan.  What is the rhythm of life?  It is a routine sense of familiarity of our days and life happenings, including: Morning, afternoon, and night routines Social e...

Nov 21, 2021

Smiling friends

One of the most rewarding benefits of owning a senior care business is providing respite and support to our client’s family caregivers.  A caregiver's life revolves around the loved one they are advocating for; they are often alone and unsure of how to navigate the path of their caregiving journe...

Aug 31, 2021

Topic: Continuing friendships after a diagnosis Because of the stigma and uncertainty of a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or another form of Dementia, friendships and close relationships are often fractured. This can be true for the individual who receives the diagnosis and their family caregivers....

Mar 09, 2021

We are all familiar with employee benefits that assist families of young children with day care and flexible work schedules to allow parents to effectively balance their work and childrearing responsibilities.  But what about those employees that are caring for an aging family member? Studies su...

Request More Information

Feel free to contact us with any questions regarding our services or to schedule a visit.